Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-05-2010, 00:33   #16
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter 39 View Post
Well we have been in Marmaris for the last couple of weeks and I have still not come across an Eno agent!

Have you sorted out your stove?

Marwan
Hi Marwan!

Are you at Yat Marine?

We are anchored outside the old town, close into the beach and the first Gulets.

There is no Eno agent here. I can't get my oven apart at all. Theres 6 burred screws, 3 on each of the gas burners. I can't get them off and if I drill them I could destroy the whole thing so we have to eat lettice till we get to Greece etc.

So, as one stove top burner works with a paint brush holding the valve in, its better than nothing.

Tell us where you are so we can hook up. Theres drinks at Pinnapple Bar at Netsel every Turesday and Thursday 6pm so that could be the go

Mark

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 02:46   #17

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar
Mark,

You have now discovered yet another of the things they didn't tell you at the boat show!

Good luck when you finally say "stuff it" and drill the little bastards out.

Cheers,

Jim
Old 30-05-2010, 12:34   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
Good luck when you finally say "stuff it" and drill the little bastards out.
Either put the drill in at an angle or use a fine drill bit to drill two holes 180* apart then hammer a screwdriver in across and through the holes. Basically you should be attempting to elongate the existing slot or hole.

Even if you can only drill one hole, it should be enough to wedge a flat bladed screwdriver in to give you leverage. If you lack a drill then select a flat bladed screwdriver that is just too big, fit it in as near as you can and wallop it with a hammer until it is wedged in. That should give you enough leverage to work with. If the screw sits proud of the surface then a fine bladed hacksaw can be used to make a new slot.

I've used all these method in the past. Any of them are better than drilling out screws. My preferred method is to use the hacksaw to make a slot and my fall back is to use the drill to make a hole I can wedge a flatblade into.

With any of these methods, new screws are a needed to replace the ones you bugger up.
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 12:51   #19

Send a message via Skype™ to Dreaming Yachtsman
Mark,

Unfortunately we also have an Eno stove, which I have disassembled several times to free up stuck gas control knobs. However, my stove top is not connected to the oven. Instead it was glued to the fiberglass counter top above the oven that is set into its own hole. Thus to get to the guts of my stove top, it is simply a matter of picking it up off the counter top, which is quite simple as the glue has let go long ago.

Don't waste time on the bolts around the burners - they only hold the burners to the stove top and do nothing to bind the stove top to the oven.
Dreaming Yachtsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2010, 01:18   #20

Boat: Carter 39, Alif
Hi Mark,

Yes we think we saw you anchored off the town by the Attaturk statue. We are in Yacht Marine on Foxtrot waiting on some canvas work. We would love to meet you, Pineapple sounds great but we cant make it Tuesday evening, how does Tuesday morning say 11Am sound? Early beer or coffee?

There is a man I am trying to locate who might be able to help with your Eno, working on it.
If you still have my phone number give me a shout.
Cheers

Marwan
carter 39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2010, 04:51   #21
Long Range Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter 39 View Post
Hi Mark,

Yes we think we saw you anchored off the town by the Attaturk statue. We are in Yacht Marine on Foxtrot waiting on some canvas work. We would love to meet you, Pineapple sounds great but we cant make it Tuesday evening, how does Tuesday morning say 11Am sound? Early beer or coffee?

There is a man I am trying to locate who might be able to help with your Eno, working on it.
If you still have my phone number give me a shout.
Cheers

Marwan
Hi Marwan,

I can't do Tuesday as the dinghy is on deck getting a bit of love and care...

I'll PM you to keep from boring the others.

Mark

Old 19-02-2015, 08:37   #22

Boat: 1985 Islander Freeport 38C aka IF38C
Re: Eno Gas Stove - How Do I Unscrew Cooktop ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Hi Folks

Whichever goose said that cruising means becomeing a jack of all trades was, well, right!
Today I am becoming a gas fitter!!

Its the basic Eno COOKER OPEN SEA with GRILL since 06/2000
Exploded view:

http://service.eno-marine.fr/mod_flash/index.php?id=MzEwMQ====

My problem is my stove is old and due for replacement but there is no dealer in Turkey and we are in some small village anyway.

The valve for the thermocoupler is malfunctioning (this has nothing to do with my recent changeover to European Camping Gaz.)

The small burner is the only one of the 2 top burners that work.
The small one decided to suddenly go to a much lower gas setting and then to slowly go out, like when the gas bottle runs out. It is as if the thermocoupler valve slowly closes. Pushing the button makes the gas flare up again sometimes, other times it just snuffs it out.

I want to get UNDER the cooktop to see if there is anything I can check and clean there, or to move the valve from the large burner to the small. Or to see if I can fix the large burner.

My question may sound real stupid: Where are the screws to take the cook top off?

Thanks for your help.

Also any thoughts as to the solution to the problem of the gas not remaining on would be appreciated

Mark

Hello. I know this is an oldy moldy topic but did you ever get the top of the Eno off? We have the two burner with oven and cannot get our cooktop off either. We also have in the oven a stainless steel sheet that sits on the oven rack in such away that we cannot get it off to get to the oven burner to clean it either. Any thoughts?
exterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 10:36   #23
Long Range Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by exterra View Post
Hello. I know this is an oldy moldy topic but did you ever get the top of the Eno off? We have the two burner with oven and cannot get our cooktop off either. We also have in the oven a stainless steel sheet that sits on the oven rack in such away that we cannot get it off to get to the oven burner to clean it either. Any thoughts?
I took the whole oven out and stuck it in the trash.
Then I bought another Eno (without the grill) that was the exact same dimensions no hassle putting it in!

It cost about $1,000 but worth it.

Its the sloution to all boat problems, Throw money at it

Old 19-02-2015, 17:47   #24

Boat: 1985 Islander Freeport 38C aka IF38C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
I took the whole oven out and stuck it in the trash.
Then I bought another Eno (without the grill) that was the exact same dimensions no hassle putting it in!

It cost about $1,000 but worth it.

Its the sloution to all boat problems, Throw money at it
Well that is definitely one solution LOL. Not one I am quite ready to take. Ask me again in a couple of weeks.
exterra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eno stove