Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2022, 12:26   #1

Boat: Leopard 38
Exchange of our refrigerator

Hello.

I have a Seafrost BD35 on board, pretty old it is and recently not starting right away. It might just be a corroded cable , but .... we can't find it. And because its pretty old
we are thinking about a replacement and would really appreciate some input.

Sailing singlehanded means .. not much to cool in a 150l fridge. Not freezing stuff at all. I was also thinking about a cooling box, but have no idea yet, what's good or not good.

The fridge unit on my boat is a top loader and fully integrated. I can't install a refrigerator with a door. No space.

Thank you in advance.
Alex
ak5609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 12:52   #2

Boat: 2000 Catalina 470 #058
Re: Exchange of our refrigerator

When you say you "can't find the cable" do you mean a replacement or where it runs through your boat? I just went through some troublseshooting due to no performance on my BD35 Seafrost. First, the company is very good at talking you through troublshooting. Look them up on their website. Hint: Cleave likes to talk rather than email!

Second, disconnect and clean the cable connections at the compressor controller. That was one of my big problems and after some CorrosionX and a little scrubbing with an emory board I had better connections and more consistent performance.
Old 06-05-2022, 14:01   #3

Boat: Leopard 38
Re: Exchange of our refrigerator

Hello.

I cleaned all cables at the compressor unit already. It must be a cable somehow running from the control panel to the unit.

A mechanic solved same problem 5 years ago on 1 hour and I forgot to ask, which cable it was.
ak5609 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator