Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2018, 09:39   #1

Boat: Taswell 43
Fresh water System Headaches

My Fresh water system is giving me headaches. 2 issues:

1. My Freshwater pump chatters -
My fresh water system pump "chatters" - sounds a little like Popeye laughing. This happens when the water levels in the tanks are getting lower. There is an accumulator tank in the system line immediately after (within 2 feet) of the pump. I am not sure of its status as the vessel is new to us. I wonder if this is due to a faulty pressure sensor on the pump itself or if this is the result of low pressure in the accumulator tank. I cannot, for the life of me, find a leak in the system anywhere.

2. I have no pressure from the hot water at the galley sink faucet while there is more than adequate hot water pressure everywhere else in the boat. I wonder if the faucet is shot, or if there is something more mysterious looming.

I appreciate any investigative types.

Thanks.
Capt. Larr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
head, water