Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 06:13   #16

Boat: pearson vanguard 32
thanks mick on a previous boat i used the 6v parallel and had decent results, but used interstate batteriers and am not real confident in there long term dependability any brand suggestions for long term durability? thanks
spyrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:37   #17

Boat: Van de Stadt 34'
I think, but would have to check, that mine are Trojan in make. . .
Old 12-05-2008, 14:18   #18

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrate View Post
new to this forum but it seems as if i might get some good info here. i have a 1964 pearson vanguard 32. new to this boat also. it seems to have at some point had some kind of refrigeration or cold plate built in, as there are cut outs side and back for what looks like compressors or evaporators, but were removed and sealed? before i got her. im wondering a few things, so here goes :
1- ice box is near motor and im not sure what kind of insulation i have all around, i dont really want to redesign icebox location, so if any one knows what kind of and how well the insulation i have works it would save me some digging.
If the box hasn't been totally gutted and redone with modern insulation, you can bet it wasn't very good by today's standards. You most likely have some fiberglass batting which might even be wet.

Do yourself a favor and rip it open and re do it.
It took me a few years before I did that to my previous boat and even though it was a rather big itchy job, I was very glad I did it.
Remember, refrigeration is the biggest power user on your boat, so anything you can do to make it more efficient will save you peace and quiet time from the generator not to mention fuel costs.

Steve B.
senormechanico is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
installation, refrigerator