Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-09-2008, 17:49   #1

Boat: Coronado 30 - Lady Eliza
Fridge placement dilemma

I expect about half of this thread to be rehashes of old threads and I apologize in advance.

The boat, 30 foot Coronado, is filling up. I bought a cool gimbaled stove the other day so that cubby is now full. I still desperately want to have refrigeration. Greg pretty much had me convinced to go with an Engel but my one "no compromise" location is now taken.

I also feel a bit wasteful leaving the stock refrigerator cubby used for dry storage. I've heard the insulation in the stock ones it totally inadequite but I hate to cut holes in anything to see how much there is. It is too small to drop a complete unit in. I am open (kinda) to a DIY kit and boy does that whole rparts/bluewhatever stuff look nice...

There is no way the boat is getting hauled out. If I did something water cooled could I just put a T after the water intake for the motor? Then another T to the sink drain?

I think I've got enough budget left that I could brute force the power/battery setup and go with something less efficient at first for the fridge- what is the one that freezes a big block of ice? Anyway.

If I could find an Engel style unit that was less than 13 inches or so tall I could put it under the table (I don't want to lose my ability to lower it into the bed position). I was also thinking I could put it back at the foot of the quarterberth. It would be a huge pain to get into- but that would be good for making sure I really want in before I waste entergy...

I guess I am looking for more than just technical advice here.

Tags
refrigerator