Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-10-2022, 15:29   #1
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 33-2 1988
Frig Thermostat Replacement

Below is a photo of the what I have, any particular thermostat needed or they all pretty much interchangeable? (I currently have a mechanical, not digital)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20221029_183310810.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	433.8 KB
ID:	266487  

"The cure for anything is saltwater - sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
djousset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2022, 16:45   #2

Boat: currently boatless
Re: Frig Thermostat Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by djousset View Post
Below is a photo of the what I have, any particular thermostat needed or they all pretty much interchangeable? (I currently have a mechanical, not digital)

If your changing out your thermostat can I suggest you install a digital thermostat with monitor. One of the big failing (to me) of boat fridge and freezers is that you dont know they are not working until things defrost or start warming up. After one such incident when cruising with a full freezer of food I changed over to digital and never looked back. A quick glance tells you immediatly that your fridge/freezer is working and at what temp.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/icAAA...~Y9/s-l500.jpg

Ozsailer
ozsailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2022, 10:19   #3
CLOD

Boat: none

The way I knew my old mechanical one failed was when My wife asked "Why are the sodas so warm?"

I replaced mine with these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One thing before you throw you old mechanic al one away, measure resistance of the loop and try to install the same in the control circuit of the digital.
Old 30-10-2022, 10:42   #4

Boat: Catalina 42

We use the same one as sailorboy; cheap, reliable, and provides much more awareness with the display. Read the instructions carefully as you need to provide power and signal separately unlike the old analog ones.

And I want to footstomp his note above about the resistance being important for the compressor to run at the right speed. You should be able to harvest the resistor from the old unit.
Off Trail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men