Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2022, 16:50   #1

Frigoboat compressor controller plug

I'm troubleshooting a issue with my Frigoboat compressor..Runs for a normal period, shuts down, immediately restarts, shuts down again, sometimes twice.

I'm just wiring up the LED - to see if there's more information there.

But I want to try swapping controllers (I have a second controller) but I cannot see how the triangular plug disconnects. It's in a incredibly difficult to access space, and I cannot see the plug at all -

Can anyone say how the plug disconnects and connects - is it fiddly or difficult to get off and put back on?

Also I was wondering if anyone has information on the thermostat - does it act as a switch at a specific temperature? or it works on resistivity?

I was looking for a service manual - but didn't find anything. Thanks for any advice or information.
Attached Images

dial_amonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2022, 07:10   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Frigoboat compressor controller plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dial_amonkey View Post
I'm troubleshooting a issue with my Frigoboat compressor..Runs for a normal period, shuts down, immediately restarts, shuts down again, sometimes twice.

I'm just wiring up the LED - to see if there's more information there.

But I want to try swapping controllers (I have a second controller) but I cannot see how the triangular plug disconnects. It's in a incredibly difficult to access space, and I cannot see the plug at all -

Can anyone say how the plug disconnects and connects - is it fiddly or difficult to get off and put back on?

Also I was wondering if anyone has information on the thermostat - does it act as a switch at a specific temperature? or it works on resistivity?

I was looking for a service manual - but didn't find anything. Thanks for any advice or information.
The compressor plug points down.

The circuit for thermostat is Module terminals C and T the current across these two terminals will vary from 5 to zero milliamps depending on predetermined resistance you choose to establish in that wring circuit. Zero thermostat wire resistance will operate compressor at 2000 Rpm only, maximum compressor speed of 3500 Rpm is when resistance in thermostat wiring is at 1500 ohms.
Richard Kollmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2022, 12:20   #3

Boat: Bavaria 46 (2007)
Re: Frigoboat compressor controller plug

How interesting, I think I just posted about a very similar problem (link below). The problem you describe, is it preventing the operation of the unit? Is it getting to set point? Have you been able to investigate further?

(Vitrifrigo Starting and Stopping (but working fine)
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...nk_source=appŁ
lawrence_craig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, compressor, plug