Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 07:37   #1

Galley Gusher

My Whale Galley gusher is dribbling. It is a new MK 3 foot pump and it's doing the same thing as the old pump I removed. When the foot lever is depressed a little water trickles out and the lever stays in the down ward position. The pump (old and new) pump fine when removed and placed on a bench top. As far as I can tell, the water lines are not clogged, I replaced the heads Whale hand pump and it works great. Any ideas what I can trouble shoot to get some flow going? I contacted the company and they were not helpful.
Capt Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:32   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Prout Snowgoose 37
Re: Galley Gusher

It sounds like the inlet line is clogged.
Capt Clark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:15   #3

Re: Galley Gusher

Just guessing, but the suction-side tubing may be collapsing under vacuum. If you disconnect the pump this undoes itself, so does not seem that hoses are 'clogged', but on the first stroke it collapses again. Could be a clog somewhere that is causing greater suction vacuum, but you say it does not seem clogged, so could just be a tired (or kinked somewhere) piece of hose that collapses as soon as any suction is applied.
PippaB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
galley