Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2021, 13:40   #1

Halden Marine Service

I'd like to recommend Halden Marine Service. I have a 15 year old Spectra Watermaker and while searching this forum a year ago, I discovered JT Halden. I called him, he helped me diagnose the problem and I was able to fix it. The diagnosis required several calls back and forth and each time JT was responsive and helpful. Sadly the repair didn't generate any income for Halden Marine Service. This summer (2021) I had a different problem. Again JT was very helpful, this time he even sent me a replacement for the failed part. He said it was so small that it wasn't worth billing, so I only paid for shipping. I feel like I owe JT Halden more than just a thank you, hence I'm writing this message in hopes it will send some business his way.
nickorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:35   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Halden Marine Service

Indeed! [deserves a 'bump']
JT is also very helpful, on the CF, under the member name "Tellie".
https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...llie-9014.html

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2021, 09:56   #3
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

Thanks for that guys. I really do appreciate it. Just give me a shout here any time I can be of assistance.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2021, 15:20   #4

I agree with all of this! We had an issue in the Bahamas this year and he talked me through getting the unit working and then had a part flown to us so we could do a repair. He and Diana are the best.
crayiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2021, 10:20   #5
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayiii View Post
I agree with all of this! We had an issue in the Bahamas this year and he talked me through getting the unit working and then had a part flown to us so we could do a repair. He and Diana are the best.

Thank you for this kind comment. It means a lot to us.
Old 14-09-2021, 12:46   #6

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

I received the same kind service from Tellie several years ago.
Definitely a wonderful experience.
He's a top notch tech as well.

Mae West
senormechanico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2021, 13:20   #7
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Oh, and by the way. One of the greatest things about being in this business and certainly here on the CF forum is that I have been so blessed with great customers. We have become friends with so many. When I started this over 25 years ago it was on a whim and it has grown into a business that has been a pleasure to operate because of the customers. Thanks for the nice words senormechanico.
Old 14-09-2021, 13:52   #8

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer.

On a previous boat I owned a Spectra water maker for more than decade. Strongly recommended. This small unit (a Ventura 150) produced around 60,000 L of water with nothing more than routine maintenance.

While I have never purchased anything from Tellie, his detailed and free advice on this forum about all things Spectra is one of the reasons I would never consider any other water maker. Spectra should issue him a knighthood .

I plan to fit a Spectra watermaker on our current boat, but the backup rainwater collection system is working so well in rainy northern Europe that there is little point at the moment, but hopefully travel will open soon.
noelex 77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2021, 13:56   #9
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelex 77 View Post
On a previous boat I owned a Spectra water maker for more than decade. Strongly recommended. This unit produced around 60,000 L of water with nothing more than routine maintenance.

While I have never purchased anything from Tellie, his detailed and free advice on this forum about all things Spectra is the reason I would never consider any other water maker. Spectra should issue him a knighthood .

I plan to fit a Spectra watermaker on our current boat, but the backup rainwater collection system is working so well in rainy northern Europe that there is little point at the moment, but hopefully travel will open soon.
I don't want to over do my appreciation here, but I reeeally like the sound of "Sir Tellie".
Old 14-09-2021, 15:14   #10

Boat: 2019 Seawind 1160 Lite

Same here. Never purchased from him because we were outside of his territory. Wife and I initially met him and had nice conversation with him at either Annapolis or Miami boat show. In 2015, when I found a two-year old NIB unit locally, JT was available for a consult and went over what might need attention, cost, etc., that gave me assurance in buying. When we commissioned in 2016, we also called him and he stepped us thru startup. In 2019, the unit - Spectra Ventura 150D - locked up while in the Bahamas. Called him and he suggested some tests, that managed to get it running again.

Thanks again, Sir Tellie!
sailjumanji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine, service