Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-07-2012, 17:37   #31
cruiser

Re: Help! This Girl Needs A Shower!

goldiphlox how many guys have checked out your profile so far? LOL
Noname1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 18:46   #32

My boat's very teak head *was* the shower - water stains inside the drawers and cabinets... :-( No way am I, much less anybody else, going to shower in my teak head. Underway, which is usually several weeks at a time, showers are on deck with a solar shower. My hair was waist-length all my life, but I cut it short when my boat abducted me - and within 20 minutes wished I had never suffered long hair! Give short hair a try - if you don't like it it will grow back.

I have two solar showers that I found on amazon.com, a 2.5 gallon one and a 4 gallon one. For me the 2.5 gallon one is perfect, if you choose to keep your long hair the 4 gallon one is probably more than enough. I hang the solar shower on my shrouds high enough to get good water flow, but where I can put the nozzle higher than the bag to stop the water while I lather up.

Somehow most Americans get excited or upset over a naked human body, too bad so sad, take your showers away from the eyes of the odd, or at night. My body is a pleasant sight so I have not had any complaints, but I am careful to avoid showering where/when children may see me - children are cool, they don't care about natural things, but too many adults do.

There's lotsa stuff in books and on the i-net about showering/bathing on a boat, some people plug the scuppers in their cockpit to take a bath. :-)
ShipShape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 18:52   #33

Boat: 1984 Sovereign 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldsusa View Post
goldiphlox how many guys have checked out your profile so far? LOL
Hey im cute...they cant help it! lol
goldiphlox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 19:06   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipShape View Post
My boat's very teak head *was* the shower - water stains inside the drawers and cabinets... :-( No way am I, much less anybody else, going to shower in my teak head. Underway, which is usually several weeks at a time, showers are on deck with a solar shower. My hair was waist-length all my life, but I cut it short when my boat abducted me - and within 20 minutes wished I had never suffered long hair! Give short hair a try - if you don't like it it will grow back.

I have two solar showers that I found on amazon.com, a 2.5 gallon one and a 4 gallon one. For me the 2.5 gallon one is perfect, if you choose to keep your long hair the 4 gallon one is probably more than enough. I hang the solar shower on my shrouds high enough to get good water flow, but where I can put the nozzle higher than the bag to stop the water while I lather up.

Somehow most Americans get excited or upset over a naked human body, too bad so sad, take your showers away from the eyes of the odd, or at night. My body is a pleasant sight so I have not had any complaints, but I am careful to avoid showering where/when children may see me - children are cool, they don't care about natural things, but too many adults do.

There's lotsa stuff in books and on the i-net about showering/bathing on a boat, some people plug the scuppers in their cockpit to take a bath. :-)
I agree. My head is entirely teak and i would not try to shower in there. Its also tiny....thats why i thought the cockpit would be a nice place to shower...with a curtain of course...
One thing though...even if i have to lug extra gallons of water...im not cutting my hair! just my preference....

Now bathing on a boat i would have never thought of...add jets maybe and a solar pool cover and have a hot tub.....my luck i would sink my boat! Lol
Old 21-07-2012, 19:13   #35
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

i love showering in my cockpit--as i dont relly have much of an enclosure, i pin up some towels to block nosey eyeballs and use the hose with a cool nozzle---when i am at dock.
at anchor i use the solar showers ye get for 5 dollars at walmart. they work great.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 19:51   #36

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

Connie and I use a saltwater pump to rough shower on deck and use a 4 gal sun shower with fresh water to finish! worked for years ! as long as your in the tropics!LOL up in the PNW ya better heat the water on the stove and take a sitz bath! way better then frozen nipples!! Just sayin salt water is easy to get !!
Old 21-07-2012, 19:52   #37

Ahhh...Zeehag...Ive heard tales about you
That's a beautiful sailboat you have...i would think you'd have plenty of room in the cabins head for a shower in that baby
Old 21-07-2012, 20:25   #38

Boat: Mason 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Stocking View Post
---and behold!!--the cloud of dust in the distance became clearer as the riders and horses approached--led by non other than Sir Galahad himself.
The beautiful damsel appeared concerned, but could only utter a subdued, Uh-oh!!
ROFLMAO!

Somehow I don't think that's the reaction you are going to get outta Goldiphlox!
HopeFloats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 20:37   #39
Formerly: Capt Wraun

Boat: Corbin39 CC Cutter Rig

Here's the idea I have for a solar shower. Put a black tank on deck with a water line to wherever you want your shower. Put a inner tube inside the tank with a permanently attached airline running to where you want your shower. To get pressure, use a bicycle tire pump to pump up the inner tube. Viola! Solar shower with pressure!
Old 21-07-2012, 20:49   #40
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

goldie--but she does--s hotter water from hose than in shower these days.....and is cruising, so is all good. if i catch enough rain, i like a good outdoor rain bath...in the cockpit, of course.....
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 20:51   #41

Boat: Beneteau 473

I used to use a Coleman Hot water on demand. I rigged up a loose shower curtain in the heads, and a bilge pump recessed into the sole to take away the water, I drained this into the sink.
It was fiddly to set up, but worked really well.
I had a 9 litre bucket on "standby just in case I ran out of water. Yes I used a propane canister by Coleman. It gave me approx 10 showers.

Hope this helps
Tim
S/V Sunshine Forever
timoregan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 21:23   #42

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

I have an Eco-temp in my boat but only because of my upcoming plans. For years hence, I used a solar shower. Works great for the weekender. Many cruisers buy a weed sprayer and paint it black and adapt a shower head to it. Hope this helps.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 03:07   #43
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldiphlox View Post
What are you saying? My boobs are way bigger than that!

Just sayin'

David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 05:31   #44

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post

Just sayin'

I KNEW you wouldn't let me down
Old 22-07-2012, 08:18   #45