Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-06-2019, 10:15   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
Re: HELP! Watermaker is blowing by salt water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainSprings View Post
Unless it is the seal, then I still won't have a water-maker. But yeah it's essential in the Northern Sea of Cortez with small water tanks. But don't have time to take it apart now, so probably should get both.
My thought is if its an essential piece of equipment, then a membrane and seals are likely good spares to have.
Not being familiar at all with your watermaker I'd guess if its a seal, most likely one is the O'Ring on the membrane which you will see when you take it apart.

Just a guess of course.

Rich is a great guy, I have bought many of his products, including his watermaker, but if yours is a Spectra supported product, I think Tellie is the one to call.

I think he is the only Spectra dealer in Fl? If so ought to be easy to get his number on line
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 12:41   #17

Boat: Catalona 36
Re: HELP! Watermaker is blowing by salt water.

Check the valve before the membrane which controls pressure. Is it showing the proper psi? If it is manual, and it is open, all the water will bypass.
Reileyvl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salt, salt water, water, watermaker