Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2017, 15:57   #1

HRO 9-500 Replacement High Pressure Housing

My HRO 9-500 looks like it has come to the end of its life. I had the system on today flushing it from winter storage and I noticed that high pressure control housing was leaking water once the pressure exceeded 200psi (It's suppose to be at 800psi). I removed the high pressure housing and control and noticed 2 large cracks as shown in the photos. Called HRO local dealer and this part is not available anymore and the best they can do is replace the whole system for more money than I want to spend.

It seams this should be a fairly strait forward swap out. The problem I see is the sensor integration with the diversion valve/safety probe into the HRO computer. Any ideas of a more affordable way to replace.

As always, any advice is greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1001.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	409.6 KB
ID:	145646   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0999.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	395.3 KB
ID:	145647  

HBWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 19:04   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Re: HRO 9-500 Replacement High Pressure Housing

I've seen similar photos before.
A solution for you is to purchase a new 40" RO Membrane/Pressure Vessel, Pressure Gauge, and Needle valve. It would look something like this and cost about $1100 all said.

For the salinity probe, you can screw that into a T fitting from the product water line (The blue line in the photo) and keep it's function. The red line is the brine discharge. Or it's sometimes easier and recommended to ditch the TDS meter because it will and the controls making it work will be the next thing to fail.

You can email me at Rich@CruiseROWater.com and I'd be happy to help....we do these type of old system upgrades all the time.
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men