Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2022, 22:12   #16

Boat: Current yacht:Alden 46, previous yachts:Cavalier 32, Joshua steel ketch -12m, Traveller 32,Rawson 30
Re: Japanese Bidet Toilet Seats

More info on the electric bidet: max draw is 1470W. The tank heater is 1000W, heated seat 55W. Needs a specified water pressure and flow as well. Mine has "dry" function; blows warm air on your bum, so there's a little blower with a heater coil.

My one comes in 3 sizes/shapes. Same width and height, but different lengths to accommodate different shaped toilet bowls.
nuku34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 16:55   #17

Boat: 1990 Macintosh 47, "Merlin"

I'm a huge fan of bidet seats. I've probably "sold" 100. Not actually sold them, but talked others into them. They are fantastic. As my brother said "If you take your dog for a walk, and you use a little bag to pick up the dog's poop, and you get a little on your hand, are you content to wipe it off with a paper towel, or do you wash your hand?" There ya go.

On our boat, we have a non-electric attachment on our toilet seat. It's plumbed to hot and cold water. Works FANTASTICALLY. And it's cheap. $60 on Amazon, $70 list: https://www.brondell.com/purespa-dua...et-attachment/
bstreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 20:58   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
This is a really good idea. Would save a lot of fresh water, from people running the tap for audio purposes.

That’s actually the entire reason for the music or white noise. Businesses found that folks flushed and flushed in public restrooms to mask the sound of… well… pooping. So to save water, the toilets make some masking noise.
JC Reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 21:00   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstreep View Post
As my brother said "If you take your dog for a walk, and you use a little bag to pick up the dog's poop, and you get a little on your hand, are you content to wipe it off with a paper towel, or do you wash your hand?" There ya go.

This is great. I compare it to washing one’s car with a dry rag…
JC Reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 22:21   #20

Boat: Martin 242

I have seen a full on bidet installed and the owner loves it. It is on the complicated side to me (electronics, need an outlet). I like the idea of a bum gun, especially to reduce toilet paper.

However, I don't quite understand the optimum way to dry. I take it you need a "bum towel" with a bum gun? (Or do you just drip dry, or put up with a wet bum?)
elee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2022, 07:20   #21

When in Japan after getting a wet ass I would just pat dry with one or two slices of TP. Very nice! Costco will go out of business soon!
floater88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Japan, oil