Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2023, 04:44   #1

Boat: Imexus 28
Katadyne 40e

Hi All I have just purchased a low hours Katadyne 40e and wondering if anyone has put one in a box like a pelican style box to make it portable between craft rather than bolt and plumb it in?
I have a large trailerable yacht fitted out as a liveaboard style cruiser, a hobie tandem adventure island which we extended camp off and a slide on truck camper which we beach and inland camp with.
All three have solar panel and battery systems adequate to supply the required 12 volt power and all three are water carrying constrained to some degree yet are used in or beside relatively clear and unpolluted salt water.
Whilst purchased for the trailerable yacht primarily for a 3/4 month extended cruise without resupply options having purchased it I thought what if I could just fit it into a padded plastic box with an Anderson plug electrical input and possible externally mount the prefilter.
Has anyone done this or have thoughts on this proposal?
Grith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
katadyn