Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-06-2021, 09:09   #1

Leaking Transducer. How long before haul out?

I launched my first new-to-me boat on Friday and found it had a full bilge on Saturday. It looks like a transducer is leaking at about a rate of 7 gallons a day. I called the marina to ask about hauling the boat out and their yard manager said my situation was not catastrophic and that I should have someone lined up before I haul the boat out. Since it is June I am worried it will be a while before I can get it serviced. The boat is old and does not have shore power. There is a solar panel aboard keeping the voltage between 13 and 14 and I am relying on that to help the batteries power the bilge pump. Given this situation, how long could I wait for a tech and hauling out the boat? I would like to just haul the boat out on Tuesday but the yard manager thinks I could end up waiting longer if the boat is on the hard. Any thoughts? This is all happening in Annapolis. Thanks.
goodiefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2021, 09:21   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Elan 45 impression
Re: Leaking Transducer. How long before haul out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodiefun View Post
I launched my first new-to-me boat on Friday and found it had a full bilge on Saturday. It looks like a transducer is leaking at about a rate of 7 gallons a day. I called the marina to ask about hauling the boat out and their yard manager said my situation was not catastrophic and that I should have someone lined up before I haul the boat out. Since it is June I am worried it will be a while before I can get it serviced. The boat is old and does not have shore power. There is a solar panel aboard keeping the voltage between 13 and 14 and I am relying on that to help the batteries power the bilge pump. Given this situation, how long could I wait for a tech and hauling out the boat? I would like to just haul the boat out on Tuesday but the yard manager thinks I could end up waiting longer if the boat is on the hard. Any thoughts? This is all happening in Annapolis. Thanks.
picture transducer leeking.

But bay Stay Afloat Leak Plug and Sealant , or epoxy and plug boat.
if is speed transducer you have a dummy plug and change o ring on the speed transducer.
and normally change all to new when you be out. but bay bunch wooden plug for 100% be safe.

and shore power in emergency is cable fit your shore plug on another side plug for high volume bilge pump or battery charger
I think is your local shop

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/stay-...4-oz--11142122
more is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
haul out, transducer