Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2024, 19:17   #1
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440
Macerator Blade Issue?

I Have a Jabsco Electric Toilet:

https://www.jpwmarine.com.au/standar...s-series-37010

It is not flushing very well - All hoses are clear and the pump is getting full power - It pumps in tons of water, but does not evacuate it.

I have taken it apart and the macerator blade (see image) is not tight - There is vertical movement which gives it a slight wobble and the nut (retainer) is not tight down to the blade, but loose. Is this how it is meant to be or is it rooted?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Macerator.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	309.3 KB
ID:	291637  
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 03:49   #2

Re: Macerator Blade Issue?

We have the same electric toilet and have had this same issue. Looking at your photo, you will note the plastic fins (called the centrifugal impeller, part #16 in the parts illustration) located behind the metal cutter blade. The plastic fin in the upper right appears to be chipped - this causes the metal cutter blade (called the chopper plate) to not make good contact. You can order a centrifugal impeller from Jabsco (we buy them from Defender 37006-0000 - SKU 506390). Yes, and the chopper plate needs to be tight against the centrifugal impeller (it keys into place via a slot in the hub).

Don't you just love toilet talk?
Painted Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 15:32   #3
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: Macerator Blade Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painted Skies View Post
We have the same electric toilet and have had this same issue. Looking at your photo, you will note the plastic fins (called the centrifugal impeller, part #16 in the parts illustration) located behind the metal cutter blade. The plastic fin in the upper right appears to be chipped - this causes the metal cutter blade (called the chopper plate) to not make good contact. You can order a centrifugal impeller from Jabsco (we buy them from Defender 37006-0000 - SKU 506390). Yes, and the chopper plate needs to be tight against the centrifugal impeller (it keys into place via a slot in the hub).

Don't you just love toilet talk?

Took it apart and found that the thread of the retaining nut on the drive shaft was pretty much gone and the nut was not applying any tension, nut was also done for. From what I can figure that's a new motor as well needed. I have bodged it together for the short term but I am so over Jabsco that I will replace with a TMC.

That Jabsco toilet is just over 2 years old, I have also just had 2 x Jabsco pumps fail at around 3 years old and previously 2 x Jabsco Bilge pumps at under 18 months (they only had a 12 month warranty) whilst my other toilet (TMC) has been running issue free for over 5 years!

Jabsco in my opinion is Totally Overrated.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote