Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-06-2020, 05:05   #16

Boat: Dromor Athena 44
Re: Marine Air Conditioner Installation Questions

I picked up the aircon today and test fit it in the boat. The height was slightly taller than on the spec sheet so the air conditioner will not fit under the settee without some rebuilding of the space. That means I will put it on the upper location where it does fit nicely. I have a extra sheet of sound insulation from a re-power project last year I can use although when I tested the unit at the shop it didn’t sound very loud... If it doesn’t work I can always rebuild the settee from the comfort of an air conditioned space next year! I will post results here in a few weeks once it is all up and running..Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6974.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	218408
SpaceRnglr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 17:53   #17

Boat: CL52

What brand unit did you choose and why?
Captain Bligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 18:06   #18

Boat: Dromor Athena 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bligh View Post
What brand unit did you choose and why?

It is a Coolmar from Turkey 12,000 BTU. There is a distributor here in Singapore that had a second hand unit that was the right BTU output so I got a good deal on it. Frankly, the alternate option was a portable domestic aircon or window unit as the price of a new marine AC was just too much. I should be able to cobble together the rest of the pieces and get it installed for less than US$1,000. I will keep updates on the progress but getting it connected will take me a few weeks.
SpaceRnglr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
installation, marine