Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-09-2015, 18:24   #46

Boat: Fastback 43 catamaran
Re: Norcold BD35F Danfoss running but not cooling properly

Sounds like there is still another issue should be closer to 10 deg f and 39 deg f. Note I have seen it take 5 days for some system to get down to temp from room temperature.
Check how hot the condenser area is this can make a huge difference.

Sent from my SM-T315T using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Sardean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2015, 06:27   #47

Boat: 1995 Silverton 362

Condenser, and controller and nearby areas never get above 100 degree F. I have been slowly turning the knob colder and it is now at 4.5 and freezer holding at 13/18 and fridge steady at 41/42. I am mainly watching to see if it enters into a cycle where it defrosts itself.

I also took the rear access (insulated panel on the fridge box with rubber seal) panel off in the cleaning and investigation process. The lines were sealed in the opening with some kind of putty. Does anyone know where I could find this stuff to seal it back up? Or a good substitute?
actionpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2015, 06:43   #48
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionpaintball View Post
Does anyone know where I could find this stuff to seal it back up? Or a good substitute?
I dislike that putty, I've used expanding foam, or if it's just small holes, clear silicone. Putty is messy, seems to shrink and harden over time, and I doubt it insulates or really seals all that well, it's advantage is I think that it's quick and easy for manufacturing.
My icebox conversion had a two inch hole through about three inches of insulation and a double thickness of 3/4" plywood that the lines ran through, I removed the putty and filled the hole with expanding foam, then smoothed it after it dried and painted it with 5200 with the idea of making sure it didn't absorb moisture, but that was a big, long hole
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooling, rope