Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2017, 19:50   #16

Boat: Beneteau, Oceanis 50 G5
Re: Poor Water Quality from Dessolator D60

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychfeld View Post
Hi all,

I have a dessolator d60 that came with a boat I purchased. I have been using it about 2 weeks now. Just today it displayed "poor quality" as I've run the system. I flushed it several times with fresh water under no pressure.

It still is not producing fresh water.

I'm not sure what to try next. Any thoughts, suggestions, troubleshooting ideas would help. The manual does not seem to offer any suggestions that I can find.

thanks!

Rob
If you do not adjust the pressure up, that can also affect the product water quality. The Dessalator D60, being fully manual, needs time to settle down when you turn it on. To be kind to the pump, you back the flow restrictor valve (on the front panel) off a little before starting, then slowly wind up to get the pressure into the green zone on the pressure gauge.

As it runs, you will need to tweak that setting a little until it settles. If it still insists that the product water is not sufficient quality to dump into your tank (we always run for a minute or two after that before switching the tank supply valve over anyway), then it may be the membrane, but it could also be the sensor on the unit that measures the conductivity of the water flowing past (pure water is an insulator, salt water is a conductor).

It could also be as simple as a connector on the sensor being a little poor due to moisture or corrosion.

hope that helps.

David
David B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water