Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-07-2016, 06:28   #1

Pressure Pump cycles on

I noticed that occasionally the pressure pump for fresh water will cycle on. I assume this was because the pressure in the system dropped. It runs for a few seconds and shuts off.

If there was a leak in the system the pump would cycle on much more frequently I assume.

Assuming no leaks... would the pressure drop be associated with the valves or air in the system? It's presumably a close system unless you open one of the valves and then of course the pump will come on to maintain water pressure at the spout.

Thoughts?
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 06:51   #2

Re: Pressure Pump cycles on

NO. If it cycles there is a leak. Either inside the pump or in the hoses/piping, unless the pressure gizmo is starting to go.

Look, every single one of these pumps have a MANUAL with a troubleshooting guide at the back of them, and all of them are available online, one pump is prety much the same as the other.

This is a recurring question, so recurring that it comes up almost every week, so you can find the answer, which could be specific to your boat (a plumbing leak or a loose hose clamp somewhere), or systemic (i.e., the pump). We don't know how old the pump is or what your use is, either.

Good luck.
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Stu Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote