Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-05-2021, 12:32   #1

Boat: Shannon Shoalsailer
Quick connector for water hose?

I recall seeing an ad for a new product that is a quick and secure water hose connector. it had gator clamps to keep the male and female parts linked. I have difficultly disconnecting the potable pressure water hose on our Tiara powerboat and hope a quick disconnect for the waterline would eliminate the struggles..

Anybody see a product like this or have suggestion on a non leaking quick connect for a 3/4” hose?

Thanks
Bay Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2021, 12:57   #2

Location: Occasionally in Colorado. Generally live-aboard. Eastern Caribbean last winter. Nova Scotia and Newfoundland hopefully this summer.
Boat: Antares 44i
Re: Quick connector for water hose?

Jabsco 31911-0000 Marine Flush Mount Stainless Steel Water Hose Deck Fitting with Hose Connector

Although I think from your question you are looking for a connection for the water going into the boat. These are made for water going out and the one-way valving will be backwards. I don't know if simply connecting opens the valves or they restrict based on flow direction and pressure.
dougweibel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water