Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 10:16   #16
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: Replacing 25 year old sanitation hoses

[QUOTE=peghall;3918235]That will depend on the quality of the hose you buy. Raritan SaniFlex RaritanSaniFlex hose is the top rated hose...expensive, but worth it because it has a 10 yr warranty against odor permeation and has the added advantage of being so flexible it can be bent almost as tight as a hairpin without kinking, which makes most re-hosing jobs a LOT easier./QUOTE]

Once you have used that hose you would need to be the be an insane super cheap DIYer to use anything else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Today, 12:23   #17
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Gulfstar 51

Did the same job. Found a can of expanding spray foam useful to block end of old hose until I could get it out. Kept smell etc down. Also I ended up joining new and old hose together with some twine and using the old hose to pull the new through one of the longer routes that I could not get to easily. Worked well There was one hidden area that I just could not get old hose removed even when I had one of my sheet winches connected to one end pulling. Ended up actually leaving that 6 foot piece in place sealed at both ends after drying with a heat gun. Sealed with the foam. It worked with no odor.
Madehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 16:37   #18

Boat: Former owner of a Valiant V40

and lots of heavy-duty garbage bags for the old hoses as they come out and apart.
jamhass is offline   Reply With Quote

« Venting sink drain | - »