Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2020, 16:04   #31

Re: Scarcity of"RV" type antifreeze

Ask at the large trailer sales places in your area. They buy it in 55 gal drums. I pumped 440 gal into trailers a few years ago (when I worked to winterize a few hundred trailers at a park near me).
justlearnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 06:15   #32

Boat: Chris Craft 381 Catalina

An interesting note on antifreeze this year: my local West Marine has plenty in stock, but they don't seem to be having their normal winterizing sale this year. It's all still full price both online and in the store.
rslifkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 07:12   #33

Boat: Morgan Out Island 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by maine50 View Post
For those of us in northern climates, I was told by a boatyard that they were having problems getting the pink antifreeze (known as RV antifreeze-50) as it is in short supply. I get the last 5 gallons at Walmart today. Home depot didn't seem to have any where they usually have pallets in an isle. Don't know how extensive the shortage. I'm in Ct. (USA)
Well up here in Canada it seems to be readily available everywhere ( walmart, CDN tire, TSC, etc), though I don't use the -50 stuff. It still freezes, just turns into a thick gel. I get the -100 green stuff as it stays liquid all winter.
pcmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 07:45   #34

The -100 stuff is great for pickling the water maker as well...
Eder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2020, 05:17   #35

Boat: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1112 View Post
Camco product is great to winterize your entire RV water system, including your refrigerator drinking water dispenser and ice maker. Leaves absolutely no aftertaste. I found this useful last year to protect from freezing/breaking tanks during Minnesota winter.
Can you be more specific? I found lots of Camco brand regular "pink" anti-freeze products. Is there one which leaves no aftertaste? That would be new to me.
CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antifreeze, arc