Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-11-2019, 08:05   #1

Spectra Catalina Product Water Line

I'm replacing a 115v Sea Recovery with a Spectra Catalina 340 but I'm trying to utilize as much of the currently installed components as possible.

The Sea Recovery product water line ran through a pH filter then through a 1/2 inch line about 35 feet j horizontal and 6 feet vertical to the water tank.

The Spectra comes with a 25 foot 1/4 inch line and says there can be no back pressure.

I'm reading this to mean I can't run it through a filter, correct? No back pressure will be hard to achieve with the run I need.

Also, can I use the already run 1/2 product line or do I need to use the 1/4 line and buy more?
crayiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2019, 08:33   #2

Boat: 1980 Choate CF40
Re: Spectra Catalina Product Water Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayiii View Post
I'm replacing a 115v Sea Recovery with a Spectra Catalina 340 but I'm trying to utilize as much of the currently installed components as possible.

The Sea Recovery product water line ran through a pH filter then through a 1/2 inch line about 35 feet j horizontal and 6 feet vertical to the water tank.

The Spectra comes with a 25 foot 1/4 inch line and says there can be no back pressure.

I'm reading this to mean I can't run it through a filter, correct? No back pressure will be hard to achieve with the run I need.

Also, can I use the already run 1/2 product line or do I need to use the 1/4 line and buy more?
I dont have any first hand experience, but I understand the folks at spectra do very well in the support department. Might be able to answer all this with a quick phone call.

If you go that route, please report back, I'm looking at buying a spectra in the future myself.
Morgali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2019, 05:26   #3
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava
Re: Spectra Catalina Product Water Line

Or you can ask me.
You are correct, Spectra does not use a ph filter after the membrane and I would not recommend doing it either, they're a bit pointless really but I know some people like them. As far as the 1/4" product line you can plug that into the existing 1/2" product line without any problems. Without obstruction a 35 foot run is a piece of cake for the Catalina340.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catalina, water