Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2023, 00:46   #1

Boat: Lagoon 39, Gemini 105MC, Hobie Mirage Tandem Island
Spectra Newport 400c - seeking troubleshooting assistance

After starting up my 2021 NP400c a few weeks ago and purging the system, the PSI reading on the display wouldn’t get above 7-8 and eventually the system shut down. I switched to manual mode and took a pressure reading off the accumulator which showed 40-50 PSI. Water production was down by roughly half (7.5 gph) in manual mode. Water flow is good with the pressure relief valve open, though I haven’t collected brine output to see exactly how much is being discharged—it just looks to be about the same output. When the pressure relief valve is closed, the pump sounds as though it’s bogging down far more than when it operated in the past, though the PSI remained at only 40-50. Spectra tech support recommended changing out the feed pump head, which was done, but now PSI reading is even lower (20-30) and production is down even more. Thinking that the pressure sensor may be malfunctioning and somehow shutting down the flow?
CaptainPete222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newport