Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2023, 10:18   #16
Marine Service Provider

Re: Tapping into 1-1/2” drain

Aha! I confess that what I know about watermaker pumbing would fit under my fingernail and still room for an entire classic novel! So I'm winging it here...

I'm not sure the sink drain is the best place for it because it would require the drain thru-hull to remain open all the time..which, unless your sink drain thru-hull is above waterline, runs the risk of turning the sink into a fountain on on that tack.

The simplest solution might be the one I used to route my HVAC condensate drain overboard: a new half-inch thru-hull far enough above waterline to keep it from back filling when you're heeled enough or in messy enough seas to put it underwater.

Just an idea....

--Peggie
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 10:22   #17

Boat: Hans Christian 43T Telstar keel
Re: Tapping into 1-1/2” drain

Thanks Peggy! The water maker only exhausts the brine water when running. It only runs a few hours every few days and usually when we are at anchor. I think the suggestion that s/v Jedi made is the best. A spout that goes into the sink.
CharmCityBoater is offline   Reply With Quote