Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-05-2016, 14:19   #1
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Technautics CoolBlue Compressor Electrical Troubleshooting (YouTube Video)

As is often the case, when I have a big boat project in front of me like I have now in ripping up and replacing my teak deck and soggy core, I'll do just about anything to procrastinate. So here is my latest....

Now these electrical trouble shooting tips, don't just apply for our CoolBlue system, but for all brands of marine refrigeration systems that use the standard Danfoss and Cubigel compressors. So even if you don't have a CoolBlue system, file this Video away for a wet and rainy day when you are looking for something to do yourself to procrastinate!

Troubleshooting electrical issues with the refrigeration compressor is such a common thing I do with clients over the phone, that it just seemed worth going over the basics in a YouTube Video.

I was going to make the Part 2 video today, but it is so sunny and nice today that playing with the video camera will have to wait...at least until when I'm looking for an excuse to not work on the deck!

Now if anyone has any questions, please do your part to save me from boat projects and just let me know. I will be happy to help.
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2016, 14:33   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Lived aboard & cruised for 45 years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet.
Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya
Re: Technautics CoolBlue Compressor Electrical Troubleshooting (YouTube Video)

Rich, Thanks for this video. My Cool Blue continues to serve me well, but it's nice to know I have this resource waiting for me if I need it.
Old 25-07-2017, 15:00   #3

Boat: Hunter 410

Thank you Rich. I have a problem with my Adler Barbour. It had sufficient power to the unit but it would not start up. I used your suggestion to bypass the thermostat and... Eureka! The unit started. I'm not yet sure of what has failed in the thermostat but I am able to run the unit manually. The thermostat seems to be fine and I expect the problem is in the wiring to it. But again, you've got me back in business.

You do a great job in breaking down the troubleshooting process and describing what it is that you are looking for as you go. You've made a big improvement in my day!
Darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 15:19   #4
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

Thanks for the nice words Darb...
Running the unit manually can keep you in Beer and Ice Cream until you get a replacement thermostat. They usually die if they get wet during the defrost process if they are placed too close to the holding plate inside the Box.

Cheers from La Paz, Mexico
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal, compressor, electric, electrical