Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-09-2021, 00:49   #31
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Re: Toilet Seat Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by double u View Post
...now what "reasonable" reply can one give to a totally irrational & ridiculous "male" preference...
Probably an uncomfortable squeezing of the male genitalia due to Toilet seat compression
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2021, 01:23   #32

Boat: Retired from CF

Funniest post i have ever seen and yes i know some people think is a legitimate question to ask "How should i pee".

Well there might be a legitimate explanation to why the poster asked this question .

It is possible he grew up as an orphant , so he had no Daddy to show him what to do with the little thingy and where to hang it.

So if that is the case my humble apology and i will say it again , have a look at your little thingy and then go to a Supermarket and have a look at the milk bottles or Orange juice bottles and see if they fit. Buy yourself two , sometimes bad whether can last for more than 1/2 day so better be prepared.

Obviously growing up without a daddy also means he most likely has not been a Scout , so rule number one "Be prepared".

Now if the Admins want to remove me from this site i am more than happy because it is absolutely rediculous to talk about peeing when the world is in crisis .

Happy days
SV DINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2021, 01:50   #33

Boat: Cheoy lee perry 48

A number of drowned males are found with their oil skin pants around there ankles,with there sea boots still on .check it out,more than happy to sit ,⚓️⛵️
Searles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2021, 03:17   #34

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 32

Hell I'm not ashamed to give y'all some TMI....ever since my prostate started acting up, I got tired of standing around waiting for the little feller to get the job done. I take a book and have a seat !
Old 20-09-2021, 03:54   #35

Boat: 1968 Columbia 50

Our rule has always been to sit to use the head. But if you insist on standing, a bungee that would clip into a small hole drilled through the seat would do the trick.
Old 20-09-2021, 04:02   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by seandepagnier View Post
How many people fell overboard on your boat from peeing?

I never heard of this being a problem but it shouldn't be allowed in lightning storms because the electricity can travel up the pee stream.
Not sure about offshore but CG data suggests a fairly large percentage of man overboard drownings...the guys zipper is open because...

So peeing overboard is a legitimate concern.

As far as electrocution, the stream very quickly breaks up into individual droplets (hard to see without a slow-mo camera). Short of a direct strike which would electrocute you regardless of what you are doing, not really a concern.

This was years ago but in the Rome airport, they had counterweights on the back of the toilets, so the seat would lift on it's own. If you needed to sit, you had to push it down before sitting.

An alternative, do you have cockpit drains? A funnel & hose stuck into one would allow you to stay safely in the cockpit while doing your business.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2021, 04:04   #37

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianluca View Post
There is too many instances that men falling overboard have their zipper down
USCG Cleveland gave a boat safety talk. They claimed 9 of 10 boating drowning victims were males with zipper down. They were handing out bumper stickers, “Don’t PEE without your PFD”

Tie a string around it - the seat, that is
Nicholson58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2021, 04:07   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
Probably an uncomfortable squeezing of the male genitalia due to Toilet seat compression
Yeah, you would think the designers think most sailors are 10yrs old based on the size of the seat.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2021, 04:23   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searles View Post
A number of drowned males are found with their oil skin pants around there ankles,with there sea boots still on .check it out,more than happy to sit ,⚓️⛵️
The originl question was not about peeing in the head vs peeing overboard , the person was more concerned that due to rolling and the fact that he only has two hands the would not be able to hold on , hold his willy and at the same time control the movement of the toilet lid. I think he must have a wife on board that may have complained that when she wanted to use the toilett it was a bit wet.

So no need to discuss the thousands of bodies which i have noticed floating around on the Australian East Coast due to the fact that Australians are all pissheads and of course fall overboard all the time.
Old 20-09-2021, 04:25   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManMirage View Post
Hell I'm not ashamed to give y'all some TMI....ever since my prostate started acting up, I got tired of standing around waiting for the little feller to get the job done. I take a book and have a seat !
May i respectfully ask you , who is controlling the boat while you are showboating on the toilett with a book???????
Old 20-09-2021, 04:26   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholson58 View Post
USCG Cleveland gave a boat safety talk. They claimed 9 of 10 boating drowning victims were males with zipper down. They were handing out bumper stickers, “Don’t PEE without your PFD”

Tie a string around it - the seat, that is
Doubt that figure unless it includes the drownings due to accessive alcohol consupmtion.
Old 20-09-2021, 04:30   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
Not sure about offshore but CG data suggests a fairly large percentage of man overboard drownings...the guys zipper is open because...

So peeing overboard is a legitimate concern.

As far as electrocution, the stream very quickly breaks up into individual droplets (hard to see without a slow-mo camera). Short of a direct strike which would electrocute you regardless of what you are doing, not really a concern.

This was years ago but in the Rome airport, they had counterweights on the back of the toilets, so the seat would lift on it's own. If you needed to sit, you had to push it down before sitting.

An alternative, do you have cockpit drains? A funnel & hose stuck into one would allow you to stay safely in the cockpit while doing your business.
Small bucket no Good????
Old 20-09-2021, 04:39   #43

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV DINGO View Post
Doubt that figure unless it includes the drownings due to accessive alcohol consupmtion.
They did say ethanol was often a factor. Most also were power boaters. If you drink beer you will look for the rail. The talk was long ago but memorable.
Old 20-09-2021, 04:47   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholson58 View Post
They did say ethanol was often a factor. Most also were power boaters. If you drink beer you will look for the rail. The talk was long ago but memorable.
Oh i see.
So that opens up now a totally new chapter , does the USCG have any figures about Women drowning?

To me it now seems that women are much smarter than us , they can drink and get drunk like ......... , but because they SIT they in fact survive.

A new dimension on the old topic of who is smarter.
Old 20-09-2021, 04:49   #45

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV DINGO View Post
Oh i see.
So that opens up now a totally new chapter , does the USCG have any figures about Women drowning?

To me it now seems that women are much smarter than us , they can drink and get drunk like ......... , but because they SIT they in fact survive.

A new dimension on the old topic of who is smarter.
Our Deluxe Plumbing is not without issues. Hard to find a tree at sea.

Tags
oil