Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 11:57   #1

Boat: Jefferson Motoryacht 45' Whatever!
U-Line Icemaker

Yes, I know....we do have most all of the comveniences of home! She is our home!!! ok....here's the query...

We have a U-line combo unit on our aft deck that has been working fine since new installed Nov 2005. About a month ago, started getting a little black mixed in ice, then we started getting one or two extremely long ice cubes, like those poor people up north probably have hanging off their homes, now we have water running out of the front end of the ice maker, whether the unit is turned on or not. If the water supply is open, it drains out. Should we buy a new ice maker part, or has anyone ever used this cleaning stuff I saw advertised on an appliance parts web site to clean an icemaker? Thanks for any assistance
whatever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:48   #2

Boat: 43' Vista Aft Cabin 'Victoria"
Re: U-line Ice maker

try this link: Ice-Maker - Troubleshooting information for your Ice-Maker
Old 10-03-2011, 17:23   #3

Boat: Chartercats, Prowlercub, 42'
Re: U-line Ice Maker

I just finished a replacement of the "icemaker" part of my Uline SS95 (2004). The motor and cams to activate the switches were frozen by corrosion not visible without dissembly. I also read the repair link given in the forum, but the easy answer is to replace the whole mechanism if adjustments don't work. Look at www.waterfiltersfast.com for a really good price.
T.Hanna MV InnerDog
Thanna5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 15:34   #4

Boat: Antares 44i - Field Trip
Re: U-Line Ice Maker

A little off topic, but is the SS95 12v? I am looking at getting a Uline installed on my boat. Any thoughts or advice?

https://svfieldtrip.blogspot.com
mdsilvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:35   #5

Re: U-Line Icemaker

sounds like you've been turning the unit off while it still has ice in the mold and closing the door, end result lining flaking off from ice tray module as well as stuffed microswitches, there are 3 micro switches inside the metal plate, one is normally open (water valve from memory) another is normaly closed (bin limit arm) and the other is double acting for run, heater etc, these are standard microswitches however the terminal is 3/16" spade connector as opposed to the easier obtained 1/4" male spade connectors, have found that changing to 1/4" spades and using a flameproof 15A microswitch works a treat, mind you, you'll be needing near a complete new icemaker head unit and remember to either leave the icemaker door open/ cracked a little when you turn it off so the electrics dont stew or turn the water off first then give it a cycle to get the water out that way.....oh and still leave the door open. Dont Uline icemakers have a rotating plastic catch on top that has 2 positions ie closed/locked and ajar?
sfnz is offline   Reply With Quote