Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-03-2018, 18:16   #1

Boat: Meridian 368
Vacuflush Pump Banging Noise

I just purchased a 2005 Meridian 368. It has two Vacuflush systems each with it's own problem. The first seems to function fine, but is very noisy. It pumps normally for a few seconds and then starts banging very loudly. I watched it while it was running and don't see anything obvious. I've search around various forums and saw a mention that if you replace the pump with a newer model that you need to also replace the bellows or the pump will be loud. Unfortunately I have no idea if this happened. Any ideas appreciated before I get to replacing the bellows as step one.

The second toilet pump comes on by itself every few minutes. From what I've been reading, that means that I have a vacuum leak somewhere. If the toilet water is getting sucked out then it's the toilet seal. Otherwise it could be a loose connection (which can be found with shaving cream) or the duck bill valves. I also saw a suggestion of running a large quantity of soapy water through the system in case something is stuck in the valves and lastly to try a plunger to push (but careful not pull back) water through the system. So, I've got some things to try on that.
Frank60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2018, 19:45   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Vacuflush Pump Banging Noise

1. You need to talk to Dometic/SeaLand support...800-321-9886
2. You need the VacuFlush trouble shooting guide. If you'll send me a PM that includes your email address (PMs don't allow attachments), I'll send you one...along with a piece I wrote called "VacuFlush 101" that may help you trouble shoot the problems.
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 14:03   #3

Boat: Meridian 368
Re: Vacuflush Pump Banging Noise

Peg, thanks for your reply. I sent you my email in a private message. I spoke with Sealand and have determine that I need to upgrade the motor and bellows to eliminate the banging noise and have ordered the recommended upgrade kit along with replacement duckbill valves.
Frank60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise