Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-09-2021, 10:36   #1

Boat: Pearson 303
VelAir A/C dealers

Has anyone here purchased a VelAir variable speed A/C unit? Who did you get it from?

Technically, it seems to be the perfect fit to my needs - particularly my dodgy shore power, but... almost every vendor I look at has a bad copy-paste job on the product description, a P.O. Box for a store address, less than 2 years history in business, less than 50% satisfaction rating on Amazon, scam horror stories sprinkled around the web, and sometimes all of the above.

It seems a little backwards, but now that the weather is starting to cool off, I'd really like to dive into the install project - when it's not so brutal to do the work. I have an existing Dometic unit under the V-berth with power and ducting run to it, but it's less than 10kBTU on the label (6 or 8, I forget), and was reputed by the previous owner to "not work very well."

Anybody know of a reliable source for these, or similar, 115V variable output AC units?

Thanks,
MangoCats is offline   Reply With Quote