Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-10-2012, 15:38   #31

Boat: PT-11
Re: Watermaker Prefilters

From your pic it looks like it is wrapped around the head discharge hose. Maybe there's no issue, but I wouldn't want the two anywhere near each other.
SVNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 11:05   #32

Boat: Gozzard 41
That's actually the manual bilge hose!!
Eleanor Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 16:39   #33

Telling,

I fired up my new system a couple of weeks ago ( Catalina 300.) other than a couple small leaks that were easily fixed, the system seems to work fine. I have it on auto flush until I need it next month.

One thing I learned is that you can't make water in the Cheasapeke! It took three filters to get through the new startup sequence!

Frank
Old 25-05-2013, 17:11   #34

Sorry Tellie. Auto correct got me on your name!
Old 25-05-2013, 17:56   #35

Tellie;

I'm thinking of picking up a Spectra next month and wanted to know more about the installation location. The only real spot I have for it is probably two feet below the waterline, and the sea cock that I can use is roughly in the same area.

The sea cock is 1/2" and otherwise is only used for galley intake, I was planning on T'ing off of that for an intake. Can I use the same for the brine exhaust or do I need to push into another thru hull? I've got another unused one maybe 10' away that I could push into.

Tell those guys at Spectra to give you a commission.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 18:47   #36
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Q View Post
Telling,

I fired up my new system a couple of weeks ago ( Catalina 300.) other than a couple small leaks that were easily fixed, the system seems to work fine. I have it on auto flush until I need it next month.

One thing I learned is that you can't make water in the Cheasapeke! It took three filters to get through the new startup sequence!

Frank
Wow, that's a lot of pre-filters. But that is an area I get a lot of pre-filter problems from. Any water that will clog three of your pre-filters in 30 minutes is a problem. Watermakers are really offshore pieces of equipment. If you ever need any help or have any questions about your 300 don't hesitate to contact me.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 19:15   #37
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel heart View Post
Tellie;

I'm thinking of picking up a Spectra next month and wanted to know more about the installation location. The only real spot I have for it is probably two feet below the waterline, and the sea cock that I can use is roughly in the same area.

The sea cock is 1/2" and otherwise is only used for galley intake, I was planning on T'ing off of that for an intake. Can I use the same for the brine exhaust or do I need to push into another thru hull? I've got another unused one maybe 10' away that I could push into.

Tell those guys at Spectra to give you a commission.
A lot depends on what model you are considering Rebel. The 1/2" intake is a bit small but will work on a small Spectra and tapping into the gaelly intake should be fine. The brine discharge will have to be on another thru hull and the one you have 10' away will be fine as long as you can adapt a 5/8" hose to it.
Though you are out of my dealership area rest assured Spectra takes care of me in other ways. We really have a great relationship and the folks at Spectra from the owner on down are a real pleasure to work with.
Of course if you have any questions about installation or anything else don't hesitate to contact me anytime, I'll be glad to help.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2013, 11:42   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellie View Post

A lot depends on what model you are considering Rebel. The 1/2" intake is a bit small but will work on a small Spectra and tapping into the gaelly intake should be fine. The brine discharge will have to be on another thru hull and the one you have 10' away will be fine as long as you can adapt a 5/8" hose to it.
Though you are out of my dealership area rest assured Spectra takes care of me in other ways. We really have a great relationship and the folks at Spectra from the owner on down are a real pleasure to work with.
Of course if you have any questions about installation or anything else don't hesitate to contact me anytime, I'll be glad to help.
What smaller models do you think would work better in my environment? Family of four, we burn through maybe 5 gallons a day on average, 10 on a big water day rinsing gear and showering, and we have about an 80 gallon tank.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watermaker