Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-12-2014, 18:02   #1
Marine Service Provider

Location: Sydney, Australia/Newport Beach/Cruising the Mediterranean
Boat: Benetau Oceanis 46
Adjustable Genoa Cars.

A little advise please.
looking at fitting adjustable Genoa cars to my 2008 Benneteau Oceanis 46. Garhauer E-Z-G 3 see to be reliable at a very reasonable price. The problem is my yacht is in Greece so Iam unable to measure the track.
I have been told that it should be 32 mm with 6mm flange opening on the cars. This sounds about right however if someone could confirm that would be great. I don't want to turn up next year and find out they don't fit. Also if you could tell the length of line that is required to safely operate the system from inside the cockpit.
Thanks for the advise.
RM2015A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 12:34   #2

Boat: other people's boats
Re: Adjustable Genoa Cars.

What kind of set up is it now? Are they cars that you adjust by pulling the pin and moving them by hand? If so you should be able to contact beneteau and figure out exactly which track it is. That's probably your best bet for getting an accurate answer.

As far as the length of line is, that depends on where you're going to mount the cleat to control the line, how much purchase you'll have, and how long the track is... Any idea what those numbers are?
who_cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 12:51   #3

Boat: Outbound 44
Re: Adjustable Genoa Cars.

I bought some genoa cars from Garhauer for what I thought to be a standard track dimension. The ones they sent were too tight in the vertical dimension. I eventually ended up giving them caliper measurements for the tracks and they made me up a pair that fit well. Good customer support.

Tags
Genoa