Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-06-2019, 14:42   #1

Boat: Outbound 521
Aero6Gen Wind generator

I had to replace a blade on my wind generator and since then it doesn’t spin anymore, the blades seem to be oriented properly but I am sure I am missing the right angle on them. Does anyone knows more on the subject, I am open to suggestions.
AlohaSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 07:54   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Aero6Gen Wind generator

AERO6GEN Owner’s Manual
“... The best way to assemble the fan is to lay the Inner Fan Hub on a flat surface, blade sockets upwards and then insert the 6 blades concave side (hollow side) upwards. See Fig. 1. Place the Outer Fan Hub on top locating the blades in the sockets. Insert the 6 off M6 screws, washers and nuts, and at this stage only tighten the nuts sufficiently to lightly grip the blades. See Fig. 2. Turn each blade until the indicator mark on the blade and hub align as shown in Fig. 3 note how the right hand side of the blade indicator mark is set to align with the indicator mark on the outer hub. This sets the blade tip angle to 10 deg. Then finally fully tighten the nuts and fit on the M6 plastic nut covers. We recommend that the fan assembly is fitted after the generator is mounted ...”
https://www.absak.com/pdf/manuals/LVM/aero6gen_man.pdf

AQUAGEN ➥ http://www.fujiyachts.net/manuals/Aq...s%20Manual.pdf

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, wind, wind generator