Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2022, 16:14   #1

Beneteau First 265 deck organizer

Sheaves are worn out on my 93 First 265. Being that the factory organizers are screwed into a metal plate sandwiched in the deck fiberglass I would have to re drill and tap new holes for a different organizer as the original ones are no longer available from Beneteau. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am trying to find new sheaves but have not had any luck!

Thanks!!
co85686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 14:45   #2

Boat: Beneteau First 265
Re: Beneteau First 265 deck organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by co85686 View Post
Sheaves are worn out on my 93 First 265. Being that the factory organizers are screwed into a metal plate sandwiched in the deck fiberglass I would have to re drill and tap new holes for a different organizer as the original ones are no longer available from Beneteau. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am trying to find new sheaves but have not had any luck!

Thanks!!
I also have a 93 Beneteau 265, hull 56. I have the exact same problem, my main halyard sheeve is split in half. Did you ever source sheeves that would fit? If i understand correctly the fiberglassed a backing plate into the deck so the 4 bolts ontop can just be backed out and nothing catastrophic will happen like nuts going down inside the headliner?

Does your boat have the volvo 2001?

Thanks!
lawko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:12   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawko View Post
I also have a 93 Beneteau 265, hull 56. I have the exact same problem, my main halyard sheeve is split in half. Did you ever source sheeves that would fit? If i understand correctly the fiberglassed a backing plate into the deck so the 4 bolts ontop can just be backed out and nothing catastrophic will happen like nuts going down inside the headliner?

Does your boat have the volvo 2001?

Thanks!

Yes, I was able to find sheaves that would work from rigrite.com. I just took measurements of broken sheave and they had one that would work. My boat is an hour and a half away and I won't get up to it till maybe next week. I think the receipt with the sheave part number is on the boat. i will get it if you need it. Let me know. Yes, my boat has the Volvo 2001 motor. Boatdiesel.com is a great website for the older Volvo engines. I am in Houston, Tx and my boat is on Lake Livingston north of Houston. Where are you located?

Bill C.
co85686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:18   #4

Boat: Beneteau First 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by co85686 View Post
Yes, I was able to find sheaves that would work from rigrite.com. I just took measurements of broken sheave and they had one that would work. My boat is an hour and a half away and I won't get up to it till maybe next week. I think the receipt with the sheave part number is on the boat. i will get it if you need it. Let me know. Yes, my boat has the Volvo 2001 motor. Boatdiesel.com is a great website for the older Volvo engines. I am in Houston, Tx and my boat is on Lake Livingston north of Houston. Where are you located?

Bill C.
Pelican lake Manitoba Canada. Little 13 mile long lake.

The part number for the Sheave would be fantastic and I'll get a bunch ordered.

How's your Volvo for starting? Mine used to crank forever unless I used the cold start sequence. I did my valve lash rebuilt injector (don't think that helped much) and gave it a ounce of engine restore and it's been way better.
lawko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau, deck