Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-11-2020, 07:10   #1

Boat: Boreal 52
Best anti torsion rope for top down?

We’ve been struggling to get our new furling gennaker to fuel properly w/o back wrap snarling. Boréal 52, with Facnor 4500+ furler.

Sailmaker has admitted the anti torsion line is too long, and that he should have used a better line for the top down assym than he did for the bottom up code zero, which works fine. So we’re redoing under warranty.

So, lots of choices. I like the description of the Harken Refleks, w/ it’s stainless steel braid, but sailmaker is wanting about $900 for the upgrade. If it makes a substantial difference, I’d consider it, but don’t want to throw money at it if other products would work as well. Marlow, Facnor, Selden...lots on the market

What are your experiences with the various anti torsion ropes out there ?
svbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 06:27   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Laurie Davidson 35
Re: Best anti torsion rope for top down?

I used Marlow Prodrive without any issues, however I had major stretching issues with the new Prodrive2, and poor customer service regaring the issue from Marlow. This is more of a problem for code zeros than Asy spinnakers. I also used Hampidjan without issues in the past, and will be using Hampidjan in the future.
Kestrahl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rope