Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2021, 01:38   #1

Boom attachments points

Getting our new to us Hughes 26 ready. Got it from an estate so never got to ask any questions. Started going over the spars first. Any ideas on what all the attachment points under the boom might be for. The eye bolts are an obvious add on that I don't think I want or need but not sure on the padeyes. In a photo for the sale add i saw lazy jacks, could they be for that? Any help or insight is appreciated.

Thanks

Juanvaldez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 03:13   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cape George 31
Re: Boom attachments points

Those sort of padeyes are usually mainsheet block attachments. One could be for a vang. I wonder if the eyebolts are fairleads for reefing lines...
Once you get the mast up, it's easy to sort out which line goes where--usually each line has only one place it can logically go.
Unless it was put together illogically, in which case it needs to be changed anyway.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:31   #3

Re: Boom attachments points

Thanks, I counted on 2 for the main sheet and boom vang still have many more. Lol 40 years of people changing things adds up I guess. The boom has 3 lines internally, one is outhaul, figured other 2 were for reefing. The main sheet traveller is on the cabin top so maybe the move is the source of additional points for main sheet.

Cheers
Juanvaldez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men