Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2015, 08:49   #1

Boat: Jeanneau 44DS
Bridged Traveler

My boat has an inverted vee type mainsheet system with two blocks mounted on the cabin top, roughly at each corner of the companionway. Normally putting a traveler track in place of this would be no big deal but I've got a fiberglass panel over the deck top to allow forward running lines to be hidden. There are two 12cm holes molded into this cover to allow the mainsheet blocks to be mounted directly through the actual deck glass. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with a bridged main traveler track like what is sometimes done with a self tacking jib? I could mount the two legs of the track through the existing holes in the panel. I'd just have to make sure it's sized correctly for the loads based on my sailplan.
Garrettw is offline   Reply With Quote