Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 19:27   #1

Columbia 34 MKII - Boom-to-Mast Attachment

I have recently taken possession of a 1970 Columbia 34 MK II.

One of the items that need attention is the boom is not attached to the mast; I believe all the parts are available in the boxes of goodies
But as I have no reference it may be a guessing game.
If someone else could provide me a photo of the same connection that I might use as a guide it will be greatly appreciated. Or a URL of a site with the needed info as I have so far been unable to locate it.

Thanks
Wildag8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 19:58   #2

Easiest way to get it done would be to get the prior owner to help with either an explanation or hands on assistance. If that's not possible, try the Columbia mail list on yahoo and this Columbia discussion board:

Columbia - SailNet Community

If none of that gets you the answer, and you can't figure it out yourself, consider the possibility that the part or parts you need might be lost, which might explain why the boom is not attached to the mast.

A rigger could certainly help you, but you'd probably have to pay for them to assist you, unless you have them coming to the boat for another reason and you just casually ask them to help with this while they are aboard.
speedoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:03   #3
PAR

Boat: 1960 Chris Craft, 1957 Clyde, 1961 Atkins, 1986 Macgregor 65, plus three of my own design and build
Send a message via Skype™ to PAR
Any reasonably skilled sailor will recognize a gooseneck fitting. Sit him down in front of the boxes and hand him a beer, the gooseneck should be a fairly easy thing to spot.
PAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:34   #4

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft
Google "mast goosenecks". There are loads of illustrations showing the various types of assembly.

Tags
columbia, mast