Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-03-2017, 09:06   #16

Boat: Chung Hwa Boat Builders, Magellan 36
Re: Does Rig Rite still exist?

After similar difficulties dealing with Rigrite I happened to be driving near their location so decided to drop in on them. Their published address turned out to be an abandoned warehouse. WTF!! Never dealt with them again.
foufou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 09:33   #17

Boat: Downeaster 38

worst service ever! I finally did place an order with them and gave up after not seeing it for months and countless unanswered calls only to have it arrive almost a year later!
I'm assuming they're only in business to get a discount at West Marine or write their boat off on their taxes and we're just an annoyance who won't take a hint and go away.
Rick Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 10:10   #18

Boat: 1975 Tartan 41'

I have to chime in to defend RigRite, aka rigging only..
I delt with Tom last year to replace all my standing rigging and had great costumer service via email, including a 3 way convo with Hayn engineering regarding swaging and Tom also shipped me a turnbuckle free, no questions, after I found a small crank in one. great pricing too!

I believe their current info/web is riggingandhardware.com The old web page my have old contact info. email sail@riggingonly.com tel. 508-992-0434
zstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 10:42   #19

Boat: Bristol 29.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zstine View Post
I have to chime in to defend RigRite, aka rigging only..
I delt with Tom last year to replace all my standing rigging and had great costumer service via email, including a 3 way convo with Hayn engineering regarding swaging and Tom also shipped me a turnbuckle free, no questions, after I found a small crank in one. great pricing too!

I believe their current info/web is riggingandhardware.com The old web page my have old contact info. email sail@riggingonly.com tel. 508-992-0434
To the best of my knowledge, Rigging Only is a different company from RigRite, with Rigging Only located in MA and RigRite located in RI. I've heard good things about Rigging Only.
Old 13-03-2017, 10:56   #20

Boat: Hunter Legend 40.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthoops View Post
To the best of my knowledge, Rigging Only is a different company from RigRite, with Rigging Only located in MA and RigRite located in RI. I've heard good things about Rigging Only.
Correct. Two totally different companies. I've dealt with both and they are polar opposites in regards to customer service. Before I knew better, I purchased several bails for our z-spar boom from RigRite at $80 each. I later found that our local machine shop could produce much stronger replacement units for ~$10.
hafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 12:56   #21

Location: Currently on the boat, somewhere on the ocean, living the dream
Boat: Morgan 461 S/Y Flying Pig
Send a message via Skype™ to skipgundlach

Amen to Garhauer - they custom made a backing plate for my new turning block, to match the size of my previous installation (bigger than theirs) and matched the holes to the turning block, for which they custom turned a hard-plastic (don't know the material, ditto, to match the deck pattern. No extra charge, and peanuts for the custom backing plate (ordered separately) vs a comparable product at 4x the price from Shaeffer...
Morgan 461 #2 SV Flying Pig, KI4MPC
See our galleries at www.justpickone.org/skip/gallery!
skipgundlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 06:15   #22

Boat: Shannon 43 ketch

We had good results from Rig Rite a couple of years ago, using only web-based ordering. I suspect their business model is intentionally designed to avoiding the labor costs that come from telephone ... or even email ... communications. If you know what you want, and you can find it on their web site, they will ship it to you. If you need someone to guide you, they are not the place to go.
YellowcakeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 23:11   #23
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Seidelmann 30T

But they don't even have an email address on their website!

It specifically tells you to call or fax!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
chrisferro is offline   Reply With Quote