Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2023, 07:34   #16

Re: Dyneema to supplement standing rigging?

The zip tie would break instantly.
Happ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 18:11   #17

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Re: Dyneema to supplement standing rigging?

I converter my 2 spinacker lines to dynema which are by far too strong for the parasailor and round sail i use.
I do that what racers do to secure their mast, told to me by my survyour who does eg ocean volvo race...
Sailing reach or close the 1st spin hailyard goes onto the middle cleat of the shroud under tension, the 2nd spin halyard onto the crossmember parallel to the forstay. I have an fitting there xonnecting a soft shackle but you can simply wrap around if non. Both are pretensioned by winch.
Sailing downwind each goes to the middle cleat and pretenaioned by winch.

I will now install to backstays, as i don't have a square top main they can stay permanent on and will backup the shrouds. 1 halyard wilnthen go parallel to forestay like when reach or close haul.
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dyneema, men, rigging