Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 02:14   #1

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44
Dynice Dux alternatives

Hi all,

Just learned that the order I placed two weeks ago for my standing rigging ropes has stalled because the distributor has no 11 mm Dynice Dux and does not to expect to have any for “months”. They do have the 13 mm I need, which is a start.

So, with that in mind, I’m wondering if there are equivalents to Dynice Dux to consider in place of the 11 mm.

(Yes I could do the whole lot in 13 mm, but it would really do nasty stuff to the project cost, not to mention the additional windage.)

(Edit: just noticed there is a 12 mm option, will check that with the distie tomorrow.)

Any recommendations?

Matt
Old Today, 02:33   #2
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
Re: Dynice Dux alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILow View Post
Hi all,

Just learned that the order I placed two weeks ago for my standing rigging ropes has stalled because the distributor has no 11 mm Dynice Dux and does not to expect to have any for “months”. They do have the 13 mm I need, which is a start.

So, with that in mind, I’m wondering if there are equivalents to Dynice Dux to consider in place of the 11 mm.

(Yes I could do the whole lot in 13 mm, but it would really do nasty stuff to the project cost, not to mention the additional windage.)

(Edit: just noticed there is a 12 mm option, will check that with the distie tomorrow.)

Any recommendations?

Matt
New England Ropes has STS in 11mm: https://www.neropes.com/products/gra...detail/hsr-75/
Also, have you contacted Colligo Marine? They have Dynice Dux but call it Colligo Dux I think.

s/v Jedi is online now   Reply With Quote