Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 15:40   #1

Boat: Pearson 365
Frozen Whisker Pole Jaws

Need some advice for the frozen jaw on my sloop's whisker pole. Its track mounted on the mast and the lower jaw is frozen closed. I was able to drive the pin open enough to get it off the ring on the base of the mast, but it only will retract when driven back in with a hammer. The tripping mechanism to close the jaws also does not seem to work. I've used penetrant liberally for weeks...
Also, the pole end fitting tha'ts frozen is not riveted or screwed to the pole end yet it does not move on the tube-what the heck holds it on? I had considered cutting it off and ordering a new end fitting-but that seems like a pretty drastic solution for a simple problem. Anybody experienced the same and come up with a good fix?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	whisker pole.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	292781  
jpendoley is offline   Reply With Quote