Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2019, 12:04   #1

Good rigger in NYC area

Anyone know of a good individual or business in the NYC area who can help me with re-rigging my cutter?

I'd do it myself but I feel I'd have to pull the mast and I really don't want to do that again, but if it plays out that way I may end up doing just that.

Just had the upper shrouds done over the winter but they cut them too long - figures. My debate is to make them fix it or just get it done right.
nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 05:51   #2

Boat: Sabre 402
Re: Good rigger in NYC area

NYC is pretty big. Where in the NYC area? City Island? WTC? Upper West Side? Brooklyn? Hunt’s Point? World’s Fair Marina? Rikers? It could take a rigger an hour to get to your boat from where he is, and he’ll charge you for the time before he even looks at your rig. How big is the boat? Shrouds that are too long can be cut, so they’re better than ones that are too short. West Marine can duplicate your old shrouds too, but it sounds like you want someone else to do the install.
psk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 08:51   #3

Re: Good rigger in NYC area

Quote:
Originally Posted by psk125 View Post
NYC is pretty big. Where in the NYC area? City Island? WTC? Upper West Side? Brooklyn? Hunt’s Point? World’s Fair Marina? Rikers? It could take a rigger an hour to get to your boat from where he is, and he’ll charge you for the time before he even looks at your rig. How big is the boat? Shrouds that are too long can be cut, so they’re better than ones that are too short. West Marine can duplicate your old shrouds too, but it sounds like you want someone else to do the install.
Sorry, I figured usually it'd be something they would travel for - in the past I've gotten suggestions for people 1-2 hours away.

Boat is at Great Kills on Staten Island. Boat is a 37' cutter.

Yeah - install without dropping the mast is what I was exploring. If I need to drop the mast I can.
nelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nyc