Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-09-2012, 03:21   #1

Boat: Tayana 42
Isomat Hardware

Hello! I am looking to get a whisker pole and associated setup for my Tayana 42. The boat has an NG86 Isomat mast with a built in track on the front of it. We are expecting a lot of downind sailing once we head west from Grenada.

The track is about 2.9" wide. I was looking online for a spinnaker/whisker pole car. The only place that seems to sell something like that right now is rigrite.

Does anybody know if any other manufacturers make spinnaker cars for Isomat spars? The rigrite site looks pretty old, not even sure if they are still around.
msulc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 04:13   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Isomat Hardware

Rig-Rite is still in business.
Isomat Main Page

See also ➥ Isomat Spinnaker Eye Car Complete - Pride Marine - Ontario Canada

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:54   #3

Boat: Tayana 42

The NGA-51-FC is $479.00 at rigrite. Ouch... May have to try to find a used one.
msulc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 10:26   #4

Boat: Hunter335

My experience is the same with rigrite, the web site sucks, customer service, if they ever answer the phone or call back, are jerks, and their pricing is not to be believed. I think Isomat had the right idea with the integral track but "rig wrong" has made that good idea into monopoly price gouging.

Oh, if you find them recycled/used, they are still too expensive. Used pricing is established by new pricing as a starting point, so "rig wrong" has screwed up their whole marketing plan. idiots
randoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 14:44   #5

Boat: Cape Dory 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by randoo View Post
My experience is the same with rigrite, the web site sucks, customer service, if they ever answer the phone or call back, are jerks, and their pricing is not to be believed. I think Isomat had the right idea with the integral track but "rig wrong" has made that good idea into monopoly price gouging.

Oh, if you find them recycled/used, they are still too expensive. Used pricing is established by new pricing as a starting point, so "rig wrong" has screwed up their whole marketing plan. idiots
Don't hold back, tell us what you really think
Orion Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 16:15   #6

Boat: Hunter335
Angry Re: Isomat Hardware

There is too much BS on the web, I just want people to know the real deal. And, I will advise if rig wrong reads my comments and agrees to give me a hefty
discount and the rest of the informed boating public!

Oh, I just came back from our local boat equipment salvager and purveyor of used gear. They have an Isomat ring car locked in a display case with other goofy gear. It was 4x the price of typical 1 1/4 track ring cars. I saw it before and was curious if they had sold it. I was told it had been there for one yr+.

Oh, rig wrong won't tell you that a major spar modification has to be made to mount the car. I mean MAJOR.

Good marketing plan, rig wrong.
randoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 16:26   #7

Boat: Pearson 34-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by randoo View Post
There is too much BS on the web, I just want people to know the real deal. And, I will advise if rig wrong reads my comments and agrees to give me a hefty
discount and the rest of the informed boating public!

Randoo,
Perhaps when you explain how you feel, they will agree to donate the item to your cause. Businesses are not in business to make a profit, but rather to provide a social service to those who need it. It is merely the universal feeling of helping their fellow Man that impelled them to enter the marketplace. Nothing else. Good luck on your journey . . . by the way, maybe they'll help with the standing rigging as well when your ready. In sympathy and accordance. Dali Rognvald . . . ommmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 20-04-2015, 17:18   #8

Boat: Tayana Vancouver 42

Try contacting Tayana Shipyard. Wilson Chang has been very helpful and extremely well informed. He has helped me with several questions. tayangco@ms15.hinet.net

S/V B'Shert
Tayana42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hardware