Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-01-2016, 05:42   #1

Lewmar winch 54 electric is not turning

I have a Lewmar 54 Ocean electric winch on my sailboat that has not been working since a come back to the boat. The winch was working last time a used the boat for 7 months ago.

When I start the winch I hear the motor is turning and it sounds normal but the drum is not turning. When I partly dismount the winch I can see that the ratchet gear and pawl gear is turning. When i put a little pressure on the ratchet gear with my finger the ratchet gear stops turning but the motor is still going as normal. So there is no power in the winch. What shall I do? Please help me soon! Best regards Magnus!
miljarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 06:05   #2

Boat: CT 56
Send a message via Skype™ to undercutter
Re: Lewmar winch 54 electric is not turning

The drive gear from the input shaft of the motor is key driven and this key is likely damaged or destroyed.

Here is the link for Lewmar winches that will give you the schematic and instructions for disassembly/ repair.

http://www.sailtec.de/pic/upload/lew...anual_vol6.pdf
undercutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, lewmar, winch