Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-04-2022, 07:21   #1

Boat: Farr 50 Pilothouse
Manual Antal Line Driver Experience

I am thinking of converting my Lewmar traveler lines to a continuous line run through a manaul line driver from Antal. The traveler lines have 4 to 1 purchase and the line driver is supposed to provide 8 to 1 purchase on top of that, so I think in that regard it will be strong enough, but I am concerned about how well it will grip the line for moving the traveler and locking it in place. Does anyone have any experience with this setup? My other option is to mount a couple winches, one on each side, but this is more costly, will be trickier to fit, and i'll still have a coil of line at each end to deal with.
Muaddib1116 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc

Posting Rules