Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Deck hardware: Rigging, Sails & Hoisting
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2019, 11:26   #1

Missing parts for Harken MKII - is it even possible?

EDIT: It occurred to me to just called Harken. Harken MKII and MKIII are compatible systems, and they still manufacture and sell parts. So that's the solution!

--

Hey all,

Our boat came with a salvaged Harken MKII roller furling system, and it turns out we're missing the Unit 2 extrusion connectors. Odd that they would salvage it and someone miss these parts. There's maybe maybe a chance the pieces rolled from the lazarette into the bilge, but not counting on it.

The rigger says that the system is so outdated (I believe Harken's on MKIV now) that we have no chance of finding these parts. We need 7 of them, I believe part #897 (I could be wrong, the rigger just left) on the manual: http://www.harken.com/uploadedfiles/...F/mk2-2-pl.pdf

I've looked on ebay and craigslist. The only local guy the rigger knows said he just cleared out his stock since he moved locations. Do you guys have any tips or tricks on finding missing parts, or do we just own a pile o' junk now?

Thanks!
--L
19523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2022, 10:01   #2

Boat: CS33
Re: Missing parts for Harken MKII - is it even possible?

I have my Harken MKII Unit 1 furler in pieces in my garage.

I have broken the lower foil link (bottom connector), Part #809, and Harken no longer supplies them.

Did you have any luck finding old Harken parts- aside from calling Harken? (I've done that, and they don't have these pieces anymore, or newer ones that would work.)
PaulAu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Harken, parts