Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Deck hardware: Rigging, Sails & Hoisting
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2023, 05:48   #46

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran
Re: NEED A RIGGER - fly to Outer Banks NC (Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Chotu is someone who does not know the meaning of impossible task, who does not know the meaning of lunch break, who does not understand the meaning of the word no.
So, we should all get together, and buy Chotu a dictionary.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Fantastic. I see you are able to turn out some very good humor up there. I hope the smoke is not causing you any trouble. I understand it’s pretty rough up there right now.

However, I have to wonder if you were a psychologist originally. Because you have just completely figured me out. I am trying to learn the word no. That’s on my list.

Thank you again for the article. It was spot on.

I know what Karst was saying. He was being encouraging.

Today is a very big/pivotal day in the outcome of things here. There were some speed bumps introduced to the project up here. I think I’ll know the outcome today. I’ll know if I need to bring on additional help.
Chotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 09:37   #47

Boat: Parkins Herreshoff 28

Chotu - I offered to help with all of the rigging when you were in indiantown but you HAD to go to the west coast of Florida...

Put the mast on deck and get it to a yard where you can do the work, I don't understand why that is so insurmountable...

Also I have sent you multiple PMs asking for the name and contact of the metal worker on the west coast of Florida who rolled the sleeves for your mast as I need to have some made for myself and I would really appreciate a response...

My June is booked solid but I have some free time in July and I will be driving my van and tools up to Maine at some point in July, I can sleep in the van and love living in boatyards, perhaps I can still help at some point...
pressuredrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 10:02   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressuredrop View Post
Chotu - I offered to help with all of the rigging when you were in indiantown but you HAD to go to the west coast of Florida...

Put the mast on deck and get it to a yard where you can do the work, I don't understand why that is so insurmountable...

Also I have sent you multiple PMs asking for the name and contact of the metal worker on the west coast of Florida who rolled the sleeves for your mast as I need to have some made for myself and I would really appreciate a response...

My June is booked solid but I have some free time in July and I will be driving my van and tools up to Maine at some point in July, I can sleep in the van and love living in boatyards, perhaps I can still help at some point...
We may have some miscommunication. I was never in Indiantown.

And I have just filtered my inbox looking for you and I found this message which I did not open. You are correct I did not open it.

I had already been here for 5 weeks on June 1st. That’sjust 6 days ago. I never saw that message. And it’s the only one from you in my entire inbox. I filtered by your name. I don’t know what happened to the others or where they are but I only have one as you can see in this screenshot.

I have pretty much every tool required. Every tool that you would use to build a boat is already on my boat. So that’s a bonus. Anything you bring along that is rigging specialty would be good.

But I’m getting pretty gun shy. Everyone I choose, it doesn’t work out. Can you help me understand why you are going to work out compared to the other Riggers?

Also right now I don’t really know what the situation here is. I am awaiting his response right now. Some people from here apparently tried to sabotage my project. Or people he knows tried to sabotage his project. Some way or another someone pointed him to all of my posts here where I was questioning about seeing the materials budget and very worried about the timeline. And even the thread where I was asking what I did wrong with the antenna situation. He took offense to the posts.

So I’m not sure what’s happening. I don’t know if we are proceeding or if I am putting the Mast on some cradles and heading out. I am waiting for an answer on that now.

So, he can see and read all of this. Not sure which way it’s going to go. I was going to give him a huge glowing write up on here because now that the hands on work started on Monday, it’s going great. Like I have been saying all along, the guy is a genius. But he may not be interested in working with me thanks to someone who went out of their way to see that this project would fail. Somebody may have successfully put the kibosh on the project. So, congratulations, whoever you are. Pretty sure I have a good idea who it is actually and I think I can lead my rigger to you even if he chooses not to proceed. Even if you killed the project, him and I are on the same team finding you out. Rats need to be exposed

PS: Was someone saying doxxing isn’t an issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8820AD28-60CA-4634-8C13-595A1F41F5C3.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	276421  
Old 07-06-2023, 14:49   #49

It’s a bust.

Congratulations to whoever did that to me and him. Good job. You ruined it.

So, I am leaving and I am going to be looking at doing this elsewhere.

I am devising a plan but I will be in touch with people who have expressed interest in doing the rigging. And I thank you for expressing that interest as well.

I’m not going to go into details about what happened here. It’s already been said above. Plus, I don’t want this guy to have a hard time even though we got into an argument thanks to this forum.

That doxxing and some people like the person who did the doxxing destroyed my project and his project as well. I’m not the only person who was benefiting from it. He and I both put a lot into this project.

Now, we are both left with nothing from it. Thanks doxxers.

Just when I thought I could be a little more free with what I show online, this happens. You can be guaranteed I will not be telling anybody where I’m located from now on. Nor will I ever allow any identification of my vessel online.

When we do the sail amongst us it will be private messages.

Yes, we had misunderstandings and issues with the project. But it could have been salvaged and gone on properly. If it was not for the doxxing

I can’t believe this was blown thanks to this forum.
Old 07-06-2023, 15:10   #50

Boat: Whitby 42

Maybe if Chotu spent less time on these lengthy diatribes on the forum he might be able to get some work done.
BobHorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 15:24   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHorn View Post
Maybe if Chotu spent less time on these lengthy diatribes on the forum he might be able to get some work done.
Maybe if BobHorn took a look at Gord‘s posts in this thread he would understand what is actually happening instead of posting random Dad phrases like that. Posting a dad phrase like that only increases with Gord posted about. It makes you part of my problem. More time working is not exactly what I need. Did you not see that part?

I’ve built a 50 foot catamaran and small businesses as well. How many people have done that? Show of hands. No, I don’t think it’s that I’m not working. OK?

I post on the forum when I am done doing things. It’s somewhat relaxing and kind of get your mind off things. It’s usually kind of fun. I don’t have a television or watch things. I have no other form of social media. I have no kids. I don’t have a lawn to mow. I read books and go online. That’s it. So here I am.

My diatribes are a little bit more lengthy than yours because I use voice recognition. I can post a diatribe in like 6 seconds. That kind of productivity is exactly what’s required to create and run businesses and build boats. And yes, post on the forum.
Old 07-06-2023, 15:31   #52
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: NEED A RIGGER - fly to Outer Banks NC (Please)

Maybe that's part of your problem.. typing gives one time to think and edit whereas just running off leaves it all out there.
May feel good, but does it do any good.

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 15:36   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Maybe that's part of your problem.. typing gives one time to think and edit whereas just running off leaves it all out there.
May feel good, but does it do any good.
Could be true. But really I think Gord nailed it.
Old 07-06-2023, 18:01   #54
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: NEED A RIGGER - fly to Outer Banks NC (Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
Could be true. But really I think Gord nailed it.
Not competing or trying to flatter, just saying how I see it..
If I just spoke a post I'd have been banned 12yrs ago..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 20:58   #55

Boat: Volkscruiser

Chotu you have no one but yourself to blame for the rigger finding out you have been posting on the forum. If he's been in business long enough he would have had thousands of clients, most I am sure can read and have an internet connection.
If anything negative gets posted about me online I will
often get messaged at least 10 plus screenshots of the post. Sometimes clients I haven't heard of in years will message me. It's crazy how small a world we live in.
You have other options, plenty of people want to help you so I think this is just another learning curve.
I am starting to think your threads could become a book. "Chotu from the inside". Sounds a good title, I was thinking of a nautical version of "One flew over the cuckoo's nest"
Building a boat and business is no big deal. In the 70s and 80s you would have been one of thousands building a boat.
Cheers
Fore and Aft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 09:01   #56

Boat: 2005 Albin 35CB

Chotu, I'm hoping that the dust has settled and that you and your rigger have re-established your good working relationship.

As for having been outed by someone in this thread, maybe, but it's a stretch, and to what end? This is a well-known forum and it's much more likely that some random reader mentioned it to your rigger...without also having read all the messages where clearly say how much you value and appreciate his expertise and guidance. Lots of business owners are amazing at what they do, and not so great on managing recordkeeping or communicating project finances.
nwh10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 09:10   #57
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
Maybe if BobHorn took a look at Gord‘s posts in this thread he would understand what is actually happening instead of posting random Dad phrases like that. Posting a dad phrase like that only increases with Gord posted about. It makes you part of my problem. More time working is not exactly what I need. Did you not see that part?

I post on the forum when I am done doing things. It’s somewhat relaxing and kind of get your mind off things. It’s usually kind of fun. I don’t have a television or watch things. I have no other form of social media. I have no kids. I don’t have a lawn to mow. I read books and go online. That’s it. So here I am.
Really now?
Old 08-06-2023, 09:12   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwh10 View Post
Chotu, I'm hoping that the dust has settled and that you and your rigger have re-established your good working relationship.

As for having been outed by someone in this thread, maybe, but it's a stretch, and to what end? This is a well-known forum and it's much more likely that some random reader mentioned it to your rigger...without also having read all the messages where clearly say how much you value and appreciate his expertise and guidance. Lots of business owners are amazing at what they do, and not so great on managing recordkeeping or communicating project finances.
I hope he sees this post you just made. Because I think he missed all the praise he got from me over the past few months. I have literally been bragging about this guy. Lol I have sounded like a pompous jerk bragging that I found the best guy. I have been doing that for months. Right? Everybody knows I did that.

He only saw this one thread where I was saying that the timeline wasn’t to my satisfaction and I was trying to get us some help to make it go faster. And I think that’s all he thinks I said. I said so much more. All positive. Scattered throughout the forum.

And I am not making this post to attempt to brown-nose. That’s literally what I did for months on end. I have been bragging about this guy. You all know it. It’s been a little excessive. For some reason he doesn’t know it. He only knows this one area where I was talking about not being happy with the timeline.

Everything is still in a state of flux here. That’s the update for now.
Old 08-06-2023, 09:13   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
Really now?
Hey buddy. Good to see ya
Old 08-06-2023, 09:13   #60
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore and Aft View Post
I am starting to think your threads could become a book. "Chotu from the inside". Sounds a good title, I was thinking of a nautical version of "One flew over the cuckoo's nest"
more likely a physiological thriller

Tags
lease, outer banks