Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Deck hardware: Rigging, Sails & Hoisting
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-12-2021, 11:59   #1

Boat: Lagoon 39, Gemini 105MC, Hobie Mirage Tandem Island
Questions re. Precision Sails and Contender ZL Code Zero laminate

The Code 0 on my Lagoon 39 delaminated to the point where fixing it may not even be possible and, even if possible, would be putting good money into bad. Precision Sails has a good price and great turnaround time. Hoping for feedback from others in this group who purchased sails from this company in the last few years about sail quality, timing of delivery, and customer service. They make their Code 0s out of “Contender ZL Code Zero laminate.” I would also be interested I hearing from others who have a sail made out of this laminate how well it’s held up.
CaptainPete222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2021, 06:51   #2

Boat: Catalina 30
Re: Questions re. Precision Sails and Contender ZL Code Zero laminate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPete222 View Post
The Code 0 on my Lagoon 39 delaminated to the point where fixing it may not even be possible and, even if possible, would be putting good money into bad. Precision Sails has a good price and great turnaround time. Hoping for feedback from others in this group who purchased sails from this company in the last few years about sail quality, timing of delivery, and customer service. They make their Code 0s out of “Contender ZL Code Zero laminate.” I would also be interested I hearing from others who have a sail made out of this laminate how well it’s held up.
I am looking at using Precision Sails as well. I know a few sailors who have purchased some Dacron sails and one friend that got some laminate racing sails. They all seem to be very happy with the sails and the service. They Quoted me a Code Zero as well using the same cloth. The cloth seems to be the right stuff. https://www.contendersailcloth.com/p...o-laminate-us/. A local loft quoted the same cloth at 25% more.... I haven't decided on a Code Zero or an Asym....
GSpencerCat30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
code zero, sail, sails, tender